Search This Blog

Sunday 23 March 2014

Happy Mother's Day ~ You Deserve A Treat

Hello bloggers I hope the weather is treating you well and are able to enjoy the weekend.  We have sunshine here but it is by no means warm it's rather cold and windy.  Today's card has been made for Mother's Day which is only a few weeks away.


This card began as a white 8x8 card blank.  First of all using some purple floral paper I cut an 8x8 mat.  Next I wrapped some purple organza ribbon around the mat both vertically and horizontally approx 1 inch down from the top and in from the side and adhered it into place.   Where the two pieces of ribbon crossed I made a hand tied bow and adhered this in place using a glue dot.   Next I printed out my topper using Crafter's Companion 'S.W.A.L.K.' CD-ROM.  I cut out the topper and then used a corner rounder on the corners before colouring the image with ProMarkers.  Using Spellbinders 'grand labels 1' die set and some purple floral patterned paper I cut a mat for the topper.  Next using the same die set and purple glitter card I cut out a larger mat for the topper.  The mats were layered up and the topper was adhered on top to complete the topper.  The sentiment was stamped onto white card stock using dusty concord distress ink and a Happy Mother's Day stamp from my stash.  This was then die cut using Spellbinders 'labels 1 die set'.  I then cut a mat from purple glitter card and added them together at different angles.  The sentiment was then adhered to the bottom right of the card.  Finally the whole of the complete card front was adhered to the card blank.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment