Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Monochrome Rock Star ~ Music

Hello bloggers I hope you had a good start to the working week., I know I did. Today's card is for the music lovers.



This card began as an A4 sheet of textured black card stock that I cut and scored to make a card blank 4x6.  Next using Cuttlebug 'guitar rock' embossing folder and some white card stock I embossed the design into the card stock.  Once removed from the embossing folder I used black soot distress ink and swiped this over the entire embossed area to highlight the embossed areas.  Next I cut the card stock down to slightly smaller than the card blank so that it left a black border once adhered to the front of the card.  Using My Craft Studio 'back to basics' CD-ROM I printed off the musical instruments image.  This was then die cut using Spellbinders 'labels E' die set.  Next using the next sized die in the set I die cut a mat for the topper using the same black card as used for the card blank.  The topper and mat were layered up together and attached to the front of the card.  Next using the same black card stock I die cut my sentiment using Tattered Lace sentiment blocks' die set.  A mat for the sentiment was cut from white card stock using spellbinders 'labels 33' die set and the edges were inked up using a ProMarker.  Finally the sentiment was added to the mat and then adhered to the bottom right of the card.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment