Search This Blog

Saturday 25 May 2013

New Baby Girl Easel Card - Congratulations

Hello bloggers for today's card I have made a new baby card for a girl.

This card began as an A6 card blank, I scored the front in half portrait to make an easel card.  To the front I adhered some pink gingham card and to the base of the card I adhered some pink glitter card.  On the base I adhered some strips of ribbon down each side edge with red line tape (strong stuff).  Next using silicone glue I adhered the three pram shaped buttons across the bottom front to form the easel card stopper.  A metal 'Congratulations' sentiment was also added to the base and attached with silicone glue.  Back to the top of the card I cut a mat of white card stock and onto that I stamped my sentiment 'New baby' using 'tattered rose' distress ink. The stamp set used on this card was a free one from a magazine.  Next I stamped the pram outline using 'Victorian velvet' distress ink.  Then I embossed and stencilled the pin, bottle, rattle and dummy images down the side using alternate inks of 'tattered rose' and 'Victorian velvet' and a metal stencil I had.  I tied some pink satin ribbon around the topper and then adhered it to the card top.  Finally I adhered two felt flowers to the card topper.

This card is being entered into the following challenges:-

ABC Challenge - N is for not just1 -  3 or more embellishments

Cute Card Thursday Challenge 270 - Tied up

Moving Along With  the Times Challenge- Embossing

Crafty Catz Challenge - A fancy fold or two

Stampin for the weekend - Monochromatic

Happy Crafting xx Hazel

6 comments:

  1. Ah this is super, what a great card, Thanks for sharing with us this week on MAWTT, Love Hazel DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, love those little buttons, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little pram buttons they looks awesome

    Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Catz this week.
    Hugs Nick

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so lovely and pink!

    Thanks for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend for our Monochrome challenge!

    Hugs

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card Hazel,thanks for joining CCT this week!
    hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet! I love those little pram buttons - too cute!
    Thanks for playing along at MAWTT for Red's Embossing Challenge and good luck
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete