Search This Blog

Saturday 15 March 2014

Mum ~ Waterfall Card

Hello bloggers well the weekend has arrived and today is my son's 18th birthday so lots of excitment at home today.  Back to today's card which is a waterfall card with a Mother's Day theme.

Waterfall closed

Waterfall pulled through one topper

Entire waterfall pulled through.

This card began as an 8x8 card blank that I cut down to make a card  5 1/4" x 7.5".  I then printed out a topper sheet using Seraphina Through The Ages CD-ROM.  Once printed out I fussy cut out all the pieces.  I then scored the waterfall mechanism at 3", 4" and 5" and burnished the score line to ensure a smooth operation once assembled.  Next using a piece of pink card stock which was 5"x7" in size, I attached the stopper strip to the front with some metal flower brads from my stash and then threaded the rest of the mechanism behind.  The bottom of the mechanism was then adhered to the front of the stopper strip.  Next using doubled sided tape I added a strip to the top of all three toppers.  The last topper was adhered at the 3" score line and I adhered the next topper at the 4" score line and then the final topper at the 5" score line.    Next I added a sentiment to the top of the card.  A mat was then cut from some pink star paper and adhered to the back of the front card stock.  Finally the whole card was adhered to the card blank.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment