days here in the UK. Today's card is one for Mother's Day.
This card began as a white 8x8 card blank. First I took an A4 sheet of pink vellum and cut it down to 8x8 to fit the front of the card. Next using some scraps of pink pearlescent card stock, pink gingham card stock and Spellbinders 'Persian motifs' die set I cut out 5 flower shapes. Next using an off cut of pink vellum I folded it up and then used a flower from Spellbinders 'cherry blossom' die set to cut several flowers from the same die at one time. The cherry blossom flowers were then adhered into the centers of the Persian motif flowers. I then added a faux pearl into the centre of each of the cherry blossom flowers. Next using my computer I printed out a verse onto pink pearlescent paper and then die cut it using Spellbinders 'grand circles' die set. Using some pink floral paper I then die cut a mat for the verse using Spellbinders 'grand scallop circles' die set. The mat and circle were adhered together. Next I adhered the flowers down the left and side of the card. I then added the verse topper to the centre of the card. Using Spellbinders die D-lites 'sprigs' die set I die cut two sprigs using pink floral paper and two from green pearlescent paper. The sprigs were adhered to the right hand corners of the card. Using some green pearlescent paper I die cut some leaves using Marianne dies 'leaves and flowers' die set. The leaves were then added behind the flowers to complete the card. The vellum mat was then adhered to the front of the card.