Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 March 2014

Mothers Are Like Buttons

Hello bloggers I hope you have enjoyed a good start to the week.  Today's card is for Mother's Day.


This card began as a white 8x8 card blank.  First I added a printed paper to the front of the card from Kaiser Crafts 'sweet pea' paper pack.  Next I used a sheet of orange paper and That Special Touch 'button's mask and embossed the paper.  Whilst the mask was still in place I inked through with spiced marmalade distress ink.  This was then cut down to 15cm square.  Next I cut a mat 17cm square from some purple card stock.  Next I wrapped some orange ribbon around the card and knotted it to the front on the left hand side.  The mats were adhered together.  Using Spellbinders 'blossom 5' die set I die cut a flower using purple pearlescent paper.  I then chose the next size die down in the set and cut a flower from the sweet pea paper.  Using some orange felt and Spellbinders 'spiral blossom 2' die I cut a flower and then rolled it up into its finished stated and glue it into place.  The flowers were layered up and adhered to the ribbon.  A purple button was adhered to the centre of the flower.  Next I printed off my sentiment onto some purple pearlescent paper and then die cut it using Spellbinders 'big scallop labels' die set.  The sentiment was added to the top right of the card.  Finally the completed front was adhered to the card blank.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment