Search This Blog

Sunday 8 June 2014

Thanks Best Teacher ~ S.W.A.L.K Easel Card

Hello bloggers I hope that you manage to escape yesterdays thunderstorm like I did.  We did have rain though so I kept indoors and made this easel card for a teacher.



This card began as an A4 sheet of centura pearl card stock that I scored and die cut using Spellbinders 'grand big scallop circles' die to make a scallop circle card blank.  I then scored the top half of the card in half to make an easel card and die cut another scallop circle for the top.

Next using some apple design paper I cut a mat for the topper using Spellbinders 'grand big scallop circle die set.  Using some white cardstock I stamped my topper using black soot distress ink and Crafter's companion S.W.A.L.K.' best teacher' stamp set.  The image was then coloured using ProMarkers.  Next the mat and topper were adhered to the extra scallop circle.  I then adhered them to the rest of the card.

Using some white card stock I stamped the 'thanks' sentiment using Creative Expressions 'floral buttons' stamp set and staz on ink black.  I then die cut it using Spellbinders die d-lites 'frames two' die set.  Whilst still in the die I inked through with victorian velvet distress ink.  Next I added a pink polka dot paper to the inside of the card that had been die cut using grand big scallop die set.

Using some white cardstock I stamped the 'best teacher' sentiment using Crafters Companion 'best teacher' stamp set and staz on ink black.  I then die cut it using Spellbinders die d-lites 'frames two' die set.  I then inked the edges with victorian velvet distress ink before adhered it to the inside of the card using foam tape to act as the stopper.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment