Search This Blog

Monday 2 June 2014

Happy Birthday ~ Flower and sprigs


Hello bloggers I hope that you enjoyed your weekend.  Today I have a birthday card for you.


This card began as an A4 sheet of centura pearl card stock that I cut and scored to make a 5x5 card blank.
Next I used a pretty blue floral patterned paper from my stash and cut it to fit the front of the card where it was adhered in place.  I then used an off cut of blue polka dot paper and cut a strip to fit across the middle of the card. 

 I then used some more of the same polka dot paper and Marianne 'flower' die set to die cut four flowers.  Once die cut I inked one completely with tumbled glass distress ink,  I inked the edge on another and then left the other two blank.  Using an embossing tool I shaped the flower before layering them up.  A faux pearl was adhered into the centre of the flower.  

The flower was then adhered to the right of the card on the polks dot strip.  Next using Spellbinders 'crown circles'  die set I cut my sentiment topper.  It was then stamped using Polka Doodles 'sensational sentiments'  stamp set and tumbled glass distress ink.  The completed sentiment was adhered to the left on the polka dot strip.  Finally using some green pearlescent paper I die cut two corner sprigs using Spellbinders die d-lites 'corner sprigs' die set.  These were added to the top and bottom right hand corners to finish the card.

Happy Crafting xx Hazel

I have broken the text up for people who find it difficult to read text without breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment