Search This Blog

Saturday 28 June 2014

Best Teacher Gift Handmade Notelet/Memo Block s.w.a.l.k.

Hello bloggers I hope you are enjoying the weekend.  Today I have something a little different still paper crafting but this is not a card its a little notelet ideal for teacher gifts or stocking fillers.

 Front closed


Open


Inside

This began as an A4 sheet of 160gsm white card stock.  I then printed a polka-dot design on the front.  You could always use patterned papers, but if you are into CD crafting like me you can print whatever you like to match the occasion. 

Next I cut the A4 sheet in half on the short side, so that you end up with too long strips.  I then adhered these together using spray adhesive.  You could omit this part if you use thicker card and print it on both sides then you could get two out of an A4 sheet instead of one.  If you do double sided printing you want one side printed so that the print is upside down and the other side is the right way up.  Depending on your choice of pattern this may not be necessary.

Now to score this will depend how big your notelet block is mine was 85mm square so I scored at 3", 3.5", 7" & 7.5".  Next burnish the scored lines.  I then shaped the front of the notelet using Spellbinders 'grand scallop circles' die set.  You could also use a punch or add ribbon to decorate the edge.  Once the front edge was die cut I positioned a velcro dot as a closer.  I then began to decorate  the front.

First I stamped onto white card stock using Crafter's Companion s.w.a.l.k. 'best teacher' stamp set and staz-on ink pad.  I then die cut it using Spellbinders 'labels 26' die set.  Once die cut I inked the edges with festive berries distress ink.  I then coloured the apples with pencil crayons to add some colour to the topper.  The topper was then adhered to the front of the notelet.  

I have made these many times sometimes I also attach the same image inside as the front of the notelet block but on this occasion I didn't.  You can dress these up as much or as little as you like.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment