Search This Blog

Sunday 14 April 2013

Miracle Of The Butterfly

Hello, don't you just love nature and the miracle of how a leaf eating caterpillar transforms into a beautiful butterfly.  I know I do.

Today's card is beautiful butterfly and floral card using IndigoBlu 'Wild Meadow' Stamp Set.

First I began with an A6 card blank in white hammered card stock.  I inked up the floral swirl stamp with black distress ink and stamped this around the corners of the card.  Next I stamped the wording in the centre using the same distress ink.  The butterfly was created by stamping the butterfly stamp with IndigoBlu Flitterglu and then brushing Mega Flakes 'Winter Dawn' across it so that the glue attracted the flakes and it adhered to the card.  This was then brushed over by hand and a  scoochy sponge was used to clear off the excess and reveal all the detail of the stamped image.  Finally I used Flitterglu the edges of the card and did the same effect as I had done on the butterfly.

I am entering this card into the IndigoBlu Forvever 21 Challenge 2 the theme is  Words and Phrases.

 Happy Crafting xx Hazel

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely Hazel. I do like black and white, it always looks very elegant. The touch of gilding flakes is a nice addition and finishes off the card beautifully. thanks for joining in with the Indigo Blu Challenge. Good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete