Search This Blog

Saturday 8 June 2013

World's Best Teacher - popcorn kids

Hello bloggers a card today for all the teachers, as it getting to that time of the year when the summer term ends and the summer holidays begin.


This card began as a 6x6 hammered card blank.  I stamped the duck and books image directly onto the card blank, using vintage photo distress ink and Crafters Companion Popcorn Kids 'school days' stamp set.  This image was then coloured using ProMarker pens.  Onto some white card stock I stamped the main topper image using vintage photo distress ink and then die cut it with Spellbinders 'crowned ovals' dies.   Whilst still in the die I inked through the crowns using vintage photo distress ink.  Using the same crowned oval die I die cut a mat from some copper textured mirror board.  I linked the two die cuts together by off setting them  and linking the crowns.   Next I got a strip of 12" x 2" patterned paper and score it at regular intervals, this was then concertina up and the ends were adhered together.  A small circle was punched from some scrap card and some glue was applied to it, this is where the concertina circle was flattened down to make a rosette.  You  have to hold it down until the glue dries or pop a weigh on top to prevent it from springing up.  On to some more white card stock I stamped the sentiment using vintage photo distress ink.  This was then punched out using a 2" circle punch. I inked up the edges and then adhered it to the rosette.  Using vintage photo distress ink I inked the edge of the card blank.  I then adhered the topper and sentiment to finish off the card.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave messages, you time is very much appreciated and I read them all.
Happy crafting  xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment