Search This Blog

Sunday 16 June 2013

patchwork and butterflies

Hello bloggers today's card if one for the girls with a bit of patchwork and some butterflies.


This card began as a 6x6 white hammered card blank.  First using Papermania Colossal border papers 'oriental spice,' I chose six different papers to weave into a patchwork design.  Once I had weaved the papers together I adhered them to the card blank using foam tape.  Next  I added some faux pearls to the top left and bottom right corners.  Using handmade and mulberry papers I punched out the butterflies with a punch.  These were then adhered with cosmic shimmer pva clear glue, two faux pearls were added to each of the butterflies back.  Finally a shop brought sentiment was popped out of its locking joints and lightly sanded the edges to remove any locking joints that may have been left behind.  Using evergreen bough distress ink I ink the edges and then adhered it to the card with foam tape.

Happy Crafting xx Hazel  

No comments:

Post a Comment