Search This Blog

Thursday 13 June 2013

Prize from Marianne Designs and card for Dad

Hello bloggers, this is what I received in the post yesterday, a prize from Marianne Designs for a blog challenge I entered and here it is.

So for today's card I have used one of the stamps to make a card for dad.


This card began as an A6 white hammered card blank.  First I cut some brown wood look paper to size  and adhered it to the card blank.    Next using an Ikea paper tape measure I cut a strip and inked it up with walnut stain distress ink.  With some silver holographic mirror board I embossed the metal work design using That special touch mask 'metal work'.  This was then cut to size and adhered to the top of the card blank.  Onto some white card stock I stamped my topper using Marianne Designs 'Don & Daisy' (DDS3327) stamp set.  The image was then coloured using ProMarkers.  It was then die cut using Spellbinders 'labels sixteen' die.  The tape measure was attached to the card blank and the topper was adhered on top.  Finally onto some mirrored holographic card stock I stamped the boxes and letters DAD using Staz-on black ink and Clarity Stamps ' letterbox'.  This was then cut out by hand and the edges were coloured with a black ProMarker.  This was then scrunched up to give it a twisted metal look and it was adhered to the card using foam tape.

Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment