Search This Blog

Monday 17 June 2013

Father's Day with Cadbury Dairy Milk

Hello blogger's today I have a card from yesterday (couldn't show it until it had been given).  It's a father's day card but could easily be used for a number of occasions by changing the sentiment.


This card began as a 6x6 white hammered card blank.  First using some navy blue card stock I embossed it  using That Special Touch Mask ' cogs'.  Whilst the mask was still in place I inked through it with faded jeans distress ink.  This was then adhered to the card blank.  Next from some blue pearlescent paper I cut a pocket shape out freehand.  With a blue pen I added faux stitching to the pocket and turned the top over.  Here I added some blue buttons.  Using Polka Doodles ' sensational sentiment' stamp set I stamped out the 'Day' text using faded jeans distress ink.  This was then punched out using a 1.5" circle punch and the edges were distressed with the same ink.  Next using Creative Expressions 'sentimental sayings' stamp set I stamped out the 'Happy' text with faded jeans distress ink, punched it out with the circle punch and distressed the edges.  These were then attached to the card using foam tape.  The 'Fathers' text was created using faded jeans distress ink and some pearlescent paper which was stamped with clarity 'Letterbox' stamp set.  This was then cut down to size and attached to the card using foam tape.  Finally a bar of chocolate was added to the pocket to create a card and gift in one.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel


No comments:

Post a Comment