Search This Blog

Monday 10 June 2013

Confetti - Laugh, Breathe, Love, Live.

Hello bloggers, some thing a little different on today's card.  Can you guess what it is.  Check out the recipe below for the answer.


This card began as an A6 white hammered card blank on to which I stamped the gorgeous flowers around the edge using Adirondack Brights 'watermelon' ink pad and Creative Expressions 'buttons' stamp set.  Next I stamped my sentiment onto some white card stock using bundled sage distress ink and the same stamp set as above.  This was then die cut using Spellbinders 'eyelet circles' die.  Whilst still in the die I inked through to give the topper a stenciling effect.  Using some thin ribbon I threaded this through the die cut holes to give it some texture and dimension.  At the bottom I tied the ribbon into a bow.  The backing on this card was made by using some calico and bondaweb with scraps of wool, ribbon, fabric and felt.  First I put the bondaweb onto the calico glue side down and ironed it to the fabric.  Next I peeled off the backing and put my scraps of wool, ribbon, fabric and felt onto the fabric so it sticks to the calico.  Using a piece of grease proof paper I cover the fabric with this then iron it.  Next I used my sewing machine with a free motion foot and did some free motion sewing over my confetti applique.  The end result is you have a lovely colourful backing that can be used on cards, scrapbook pages, bags and cushions etc etc....  I cut the confetti applique by hand to shape and adhered it to the card blank.  On to the top of this I adhered topper using foam pads.  I enjoy sewing as well as card making so it is nice to be able to use techniques from both that can cross over.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment