Search This Blog

Friday 28 June 2013

Windmill/Pinwheel Smiles and Flowers

Hello bloggers today's card is a summery flower bed.


This card began as a DL white hammered card blank.  First I adhered the sky background that I found in my scrap stash to form the backdrop to my flower bed.  Next I die cut the pinwheel/windmill flowers using different card stocks and papers as well as spellbinders 'pinwheel' die set.  Then I poke a whole in each end and the center and folded in each side as I went around the die cut attaching it with a brad.  Once complete the brad legs were opened on the back and foam tape was attached.  I repeated this process for all four flowers.  The flower stalks were die cut from some green ribbed paper and used Spellbinders 'foliage' die set.  I cut the dies down to vary the height of the flowers and then adhered them to the card base.  The flowers were then attached to the stalks.  Finally I stamped my sentiment using Polka Doodles 'sensational sentiments' stamp set and dusty concord distress ink.  This was then die cut with Spellbinders 'scallop labels one' die set and inked through the die with the same ink pad.  It was then adhered to the card with foam tape.  I love the way these pinwheels look,  it works better with double sided papers as you get to see both patterns.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment