Search This Blog

Monday 25 November 2013

Poinsettia Christmas Wishes

Hello bloggers I hope you all had a great weekend.  I know I did I spent the weekend indulging myself in sewing.  Now for today's card which has been made using Spellbinders grand borders poinsettia die, I so love this die as it enables the petals to be dimensional whilst still attached to the card.


This card began as a white 5x7 card blank.  First I cut down some Christmas patterned paper to 5x7 and adhered it to the whole of the front of the card.  Next using some white card stock I die cut the poinsettia border using Spellbinders grand border 'poinsettia' die.  I left the card stock in the die and embossed it using my die cutting machine.  Whilst still in the die I inked through the die using some foam and festive berries and peeled paint distress inks.  Once removed from the die I raised up the petals of the poinsettia to give the border strip dimension.  The border was then adhered to the bottom of the card.  Next using the festive berries distress ink and Creative Expressions 'robins' stamp set I stamped the sentiment onto some white card stock.  The sentiment was then die cut using Spellbinders die d-lites 'frame two' die set.  The sentiment was adhered to the center of the top of the card.  Finally a red bow was adhered to the top of the sentiment frame.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment