Search This Blog

Saturday 1 November 2014

Christmas Wishes ~ Spellbinders Poinsettia ~ Acetate

Hello bloggers I hope you enjoyed a good Halloween.  Today is the 1st of the month so a pinch and a punch.  Today I have a Christmas card made using acetate.


This card began as a piece of green acetate that I scored to make a card blank 5.5 x 4.  Next using an off cut of green vellum I stamped my sentiment with staz-on black ink and Creative Expressions 'robins' stamp set.  Once stamped I tore the vellum to the shape and size that I wanted to fit the card.  Using some silver glitter card and Tattered Lace Die's 'sentiment' die set I die cut the word 'wishes' and adhered it to the vellum to complete the sentiment.  Next I cut a piece of green bakers twine and threaded it onto a green bell.  The bakers twine and vellum were then added to the top of the card.

The poinsettia was made using some red card stock and Spellbinder 'poinsettia' die set.  Whilst still in the die I inked through with black soot distress ink.  The poinsettia was then layered up.  In the center I added a faux pearl using Cosmic Shimmer black pearl pva.  Next I used a Christmas tree patterned paper and Spellbinders die d-lites 'sprigs' die set to cut two sprigs.  These were added to the card and the poinsettia was adhered on top.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment