Search This Blog

Friday 28 February 2014

Turquoise Birth Stone ~ Birthday

Hello bloggers I hope you are all well and had a good day yesterday.  We had sunshine in the morning and terrible torrential rain in the afternoon so a good excuse to get crafting out of the rain.  I can't believe its the last day of February where has this year gone.  Today's card is a turquoise birth stone birthday card.


This card began as a white 8x8 card blank.  First I used an A4 sheet of floral patterned vellum and cut it down to 8"square.  Next I printed out my topper sheet using Linda Ravenscroft 'fairy gemstones' CD-ROM.  The toppers were die cut using Spellbinders 'labels one' die set.  Next using some green card stock I cut a mat for each of the toppers using the same die set.  The mats and toppers were adhered together and then adhered to the vellum mat.  Using some more of the same green card stock and Spellbinders 'asian motifs' die set I die cut two embellishments and then adhered them in opposite corners of the card.  Next using some turquoise bakers twine I tied together the two corner embellishments to give the card more detail and interest.  Once it was looped through several times I tied it off in the middle.  Using Spellbinders 'asian motifs' die set I die cut two of the same embellishments out of green card stock and two out of vellum.  These were then layered up off set and attached to the knot in the centre of the bakers twine to complete the card. Finally the vellum mat was adhered to the card blank, this was done last so that I could position the adhesive behind other elements, so that it didn't show through and spoil the look of the card.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel 

No comments:

Post a Comment