Search This Blog

Saturday 1 February 2014

You're My Best Friend S.W.A.L.K

Hello bloggers a pinch and a punch it's the first of the month, can't believe we are already into February. I hope yesterday was a good day for you and you managed to get some crafting into your busy day.  It rained here a lot but I did manage to get to the shops to buy several raspberry bushes for my allotment before the rain began.  Today's card is a best friends card as I share my allotment with my friend and we went shopping together I thought it was quite appropriate.



This card began as a white 5x7 card blank.   First I covered the front of the card with some green decorative paper.  I then stamped my topper using walnut stain distress ink and Crafter's Companion 'best friends' stamp set.  Once stamped I die cut the image using Spellbinders 'labels H' die set.  The image was then coloured with Whispers marker pens.  Using some red and white stripped paper I die cut two more of the topper shapes using the same die.  These were then cut in half and adhered to the back of the topper to form a mat.   The topper was then adhered to the card.  Both sentiments were stamped using walnut stain distress ink and the same stamp set as above.  The top sentiment was then die cut with Spellbinders 'back to basic tags' die set.  Whilst still in the die I inked through with festive berries distress ink to get the sentiment to match the dress of one of the girls.   The bottom sentiment was die cut using Spellbinders 'fancy tags two' die set.  Whilst still in the die this was inked through with spiced marmalade to match the other girls dress.  The sentiment was then added to the bottom of the card.  Finally some Cosmic Shimmer 'berry red' pva was used to add faux brads to the holes in the top tag.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel


No comments:

Post a Comment