Search This Blog

Sunday 5 October 2014

Fantasy Screen Card - Jem's Designs ~ Water Fairy Happy Birthday

Hello bloggers I hope you had a good start to your weekend and have exciting stuff planned.  I have to sort out my sewing machine that didn't want to play the other day and then finish off a sewing machine cover I am making for my mums birthday.  Today's card has been made using a new CD-ROM that I purchased and that arrived in the post yesterday.



This card began as an A4 sheet of white card stock.  First I used Fantasy Screen Cards CD-ROM by Jem's Designs to print off the card template, mat template and the topper sheet onto white card stock.  The main card was then cut out and scored to form the card blank.  Next I cut out the mat templates for the card.  Using some snake skin textured turquoise paper from Crafter's Companion  I drew around the mat templates and then adhered the paper to the front of them.  The mats were then adhered to the front of the card.

 Next I cut out the toppers and then adhered them to the front of the card taking care to get them in the correct order.  The sentiment was stamped onto white card stock using faded jeans distress ink and Kanban 'tickets' stamp set.  Next I die cut it using Spellbinders Die D-lites f'rame two' die set. Whilst still in the die I inked through with the distress ink.  Next I die cut another frame two using the textured snake skin paper I had used for the mat.  I then used foam pads to slightly offset the mat behind the sentiment.  The sentiment was then added to the bottom of the left hand panel of the card.

I've not made a card shaped like this before but quite like it, so you might be seeing a few more as the weeks pass.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment