Search This Blog

Monday 6 October 2014

3D Watering Can ~ Gardener's Delight Keepsake

Hello bloggers I hope you enjoyed a good weekend, I know I did.  I sorted out my sewing machine and finished my mums sewing machine cover and then created this 3D watering can.









To begin with I used two sheets of printer paper and Cameo Crafts Designs 'gardener's delight' CD-ROM to print out the templates for the watering can.  Once printed I cut them out and put them to one side to use later.  Next using two A4 sheet of white card stock I printed from the same CD-ROM as above two sheets of patterned paper that I wanted my watering to be made in.  I then drew around the templates and then cut out the pieces for the watering can.  You could also print the template onto the back of your chosen paper or card stock but I wanted to keep the template for another time.  Next using PVA glue I began to assembled the watering can.  I began with the main body of the watering can and the base. Then I assembled the spout and rose.  In between I had to wait for certain parts to dry as it was easier to handle that way.  I used clothes pegs to hold some of the pieces together whilst waiting for the glue to dry. Finally I added the handles using brads.

Finished size approx 13cm height  by 20cm length by 6.5cm wide.  First time I have made this and quite enjoyed it.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel


No comments:

Post a Comment