Search This Blog

Monday 20 January 2014

Happy Mother's Day ~ Spellbinders SWALK

Hello bloggers I hope you all had a good weekend and enjoyed the sunshine we had in the UK.  Today's card is a card for Mothering Sunday which is in March here in the UK and at other times of the year in other countries.


This card began as a white 5x7 card blank.  First I cut down some decorated paper and added this to the front of the card.  Next I die cut my borders using some purple pearlescent paper and Spellbinders 'lace doily accents' die set.  I then adhered the borders down each side of the card.  With some white card stock and walnut stain distress ink I stamped my topper using Crafter's Companion SWALK 'winter cheer' stamp set.  It was then die cut using Spellbinders 'big scallop ovals large' die set.  Whilst still in the die I inked around the edges with dusty concord distress ink.  The image was then coloured using ProMarkers and adhered to the card.  Next I stamped my sentiment onto white card stock using a 'happy mothers' day' stamp from my stash and dusty concord distress ink.  It was then die cut with Spellbinders 'back to basic tags' die set.  Whilst still in the die I inked through with the dusty concord distress ink.  The sentiment was then adhered to the top of the card and two purple metal and faux pearl brads were adhered into the holes of the tag.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment