Search This Blog

Monday 7 October 2013

Poinsettia and Fanciful Holiday

Hello blogger's since its only 80 days until Christmas I thought I would share another Christmas card today.  This card has been made up of die cut that I had cut last Christmas and not used.  I found them yesterday when I tidied and cleared out my craft room.


This card is A6 and began as a patterned card blank that I had in my stash.  On the other side is a reindeer pattern but it was too busy for this card so i opted for the red.   First I Inked up the circle with pine needles distress ink.  The pattern on this paper is of presents and it was blue so I inked it to turn it green.  Next I added the reindeer to the circle.  The reindeer is cut from gold glitter card and used Spellbinders 'fanciful holiday' die set.   Faux gems were added for the nose and eye.   Next I added the corner decoration,  which was cut from green card stock and used Spellbinders 'holly accents' die set.  Whilst still in the die I inked through with distress ink.  The poinsettia was cut from an off cut of a roller blind that I brought for my kitchen and needed to be cut down to fit the window.  The fabric was die cut using Spellbinders 'poinsettia' die set.  I cut 2 large and 2 medium and then layered them up staggered and added a black faux gem to the center.  The holly behind the poinsettia is cut from green card stock and used Spellbinders 'holly motif'  die set.  I then cut it in half and added one piece either end of the poinsettia to act as the foliage.  Finally a chipboard sentiment was inked with pine needles distress ink around the edges and adhered to the card.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment