Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Trimming the Tree ~ Makey Bakey Mice

Hello bloggers I hope you all had a great day yesterday day and are all almost ready for Christmas.  Since its almost the 12th of the month I though a trimming the Christmas tree card was very appropriate.


This card began as a white 5x7 card blank.  First I cut down some gold glitter card and adhered it to the card blank.  Next I cut some music paper down a further 5mm and adhered that to the card as a further mat.  The Christmas tree was die cut using Spellbinders 'labels 17' die set and was cut from one of last years cards.  I cut some gold card stock to fix behind the Christmas tree using the same die I used for the Christmas tree.   These were matted together and adhered to the card.  With some gold card stock and a  circle punched I punched out a circle.  Onto white card stock I stamped the top sentiment using black soot distress ink and Crafter's Companion Makey Bakey Mice ' trimming the tree' stamp set.   This was also punched with a circle punch and then layered up.  The bottom sentiment was made using some white card stock that was die cut using Spellbinders 'holiday tags' die set.  It was cut then embossed, whilst still in the die I lightly inked over with Docraft's gold in pad.    The sentiment was then stamped using the same stamp set and black soot distress ink. This was then tied with some gold cord.  The gold cord was adhered to the card and the top sentiment was added to cover it.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment