Search This Blog

Friday 26 July 2013

Just Because

Hello bloggers, today's card is a lovely 'just because' card.  I really love the papers I have used on this one.



This card began as a 5x7 card blank.  First I adhered some striped paper down the left side of the card and then added some floral paper down the other side. The papers were from my stash and i think they were free ones.   Next using some white card stock and Spellbinders Borderabilities 'poinsettia' I die cut the strip that goes across the card.  Once die cut and still in the die I inked through with peeled paint and festive berries distress inks.  This was then adhered to the card blank with foam tape and then cut to size.  Next I stamped out the sentiment using Staz-on ink pad and Polka Doodles 'sentational sentiments' stamp set.   This was die cut using Spellbinders back to basic tags and the edges were inked with a ProMarker.  It was then attached to the floral strip with a red pearl effect brad. The floral strip was then adhered to the bottom of the card blank.  Finally using Spellbinders 'blossom five' die set I die cut three different sized flowers from coloured vellum.  I then went over them with an embossing tool to give them definition and texture from the white lines.  This was then layered up and adhered to the card.

Happy Crafting  xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment