Search This Blog

Sunday 28 July 2013

Snowman decoupage

Hello bloggers today's card is a lovely snowman card to try to cool us all down.  It been very hot here lately in the UK and we are definitely not used to it.


This card began as a white hammered 6x6 card blank.  First I added a mat of silver mirror board to cover the whole front, then I added a silver holographic textured mat slightly smaller than the first one.   Next I printed off my decoupage from Crafter's Companion 'the snowman papercrafting collection' CD and then cut out all of the pieces.  The pieces were then layered up using foam tape to give definition  and height to the finished topper.   I love this decoupage as it is very easy to cut out as it is all straight lines and as it is rotated every other layer it adds interest to the topper layers.  The completed topper was then adhered to the card blank.  Finally I stamped my sentiment using black soot distress ink and Justrite 'large merry Christmas sentiments' stamp set.  This was then cut down to size and the edges coloured with a ProMarker.  It was then adhered to the card blank.

Happy Crafting xx Hazel




No comments:

Post a Comment