Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Engaged Is A Wonderful Place To Be ~ SWALK

Hello bloggers I hope you are all well and had a good day yesterday.  Thankfully I was well enough to do some crafting which resulted in today's card.


This card began as a white 5x7 card blank.  First I stamped my topper onto white card stock using vintage photo distress ink and Crafter's Companion SWALK  'engaged' stamp set.  Once stamped this was die cut using Spellbinders 'labels A' die set.  Whilst still in the die I inked through with tattered rose distress ink.   Next I die cut the ribbon banner using Spellbinders 'ribbon banner LG' die set.  Whilst still in the die I inked through with tattered rose distress ink.  I then stamped the sentiment with the same stamp set as above using Victorian velvet distress ink.  Next I cut some pink handmade paper to 5x7 and laid it over the card.  I then adhered the topper and sentiment to the handmade paper. I then added adhesive to the handmade paper but only in the areas that the topper and sentiment were so that the adhesive didn't show through the handmade paper.  Next using some red handmade paper I die cut two hearts using Marianne Creatables 'hearts' die set.  Once die cut they were adhered to the top of the card.  Finally I coloured the hearts on the topper with a red ProMarker to give the topper a little colour and to tie in with the red die cut hearts.  My original idea was to colour the topper but i then decided it didn't need it.            
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment