Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Merry Christmas ~ Red Poinsettia

Hello bloggers, I hope you are well and had a good day yesterday.  Today I have another poinsettia card but this time in red.



This card began as an off cut of red card stock that I scored to make a 18x13 cm card blank.  Next I took some red waxed textured paper from my stash and die cut the poinsettias using Spellbinders 'layered poinsettia' die set. I embossed and inked through the dies with black soot distress ink.  I  then die cut some holly leaves from green card stock with Spellbinders die d-lites 'holly twigs and leaves' die set.  Whilst still in the die I inked through with black soot distress ink.

Onto some centura pearl card stock I stamped the sentiment with black staz-on ink pad and Creative Expressions 'robins' stamp set.  The sentiment was then adhered near the bottom of the card.  Next I layered up a small poinsettia and added it to the sentiment strip.  The holly leaves were added to the top part of the card and then a larger and fuller poinsettia was layered up on top.  Finally I added a faux pearl to each flower using Cosmic Shimmer Berry red PVA.

Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment