Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 July 2014

Winter Wishes ~ Spellbinders Poinsettia

Hello bloggers I hope you had a good day yesterday, we had sunshine again.  Today I have a poinsettia card with some winter wishes.


This card began as an A4 sheet of centura pearl gold card stock that I scored to make an A5 card blank.  Next using some white card stock and Spellbinders 'layered poinsettia' die set I die cut several poinsettia layers.  these were embossed and then adhered randomly to the front of the card.  Next I die cut some more poinsettias but this time I inked through the die with a gold ink pad.  The edges of the die cuts were inked as well.  

Next I used a strip of  pearlescent gold card stock and stamped the sentiment using Crafter's Companion 'The Snowman' stamp set and black staz-on ink pad.  The strip was then adhered across the card.  I die cut some leaves using some green card stock and the same die set as above.  The leaves were inked through the die with peeled paint distress ink.  The leaves were shaped using a embossing tool and then adhered to the card.  I layered up the poinsettia with the gold inking and adhered that over the leaves.  Finally I added a faux pearl to the centre of the poinsettia.

Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment