Search This Blog

Sunday 6 July 2014

Gift Card Holder Handmade Butterflies ~ Les Papillions

Hello bloggers I hope you are well and enjoying the weekend. Today I have a card with a difference for you, it's a gift card holder or could also be used to gift actual money.

 Front of Gift Card Money Holder

Inside Gift Card Money Holder

This gift card holder began as a 12x12 sheet of doubled sided card stock.  I then cut it to 5" x 12".  Next if you are using doubled sided paper with different patterns on you will need to decide what pattern you want as the main feature.  I chose the butterflies, so  with the butterflies  facing down I marked 5" in from the left at the top and and  5" in from the right at the bottom.  Now I scored from one mark to the other to create the first fold line.  Reinforce the score line by burnishing it with an embossing tool.  Next I scored from the bottom left hand corner diagonally to the top right hand corner, again folding and burnishing as I went.  

Next I folded my card stock along the lines I had scored to make the gift card money holder.  I then decorated it with  a butterfly using Spellbinders 'les papillions' die set  using some scraps of pink paper and pink mirror board.  Once die cut I shaped them and layered them up before adding them to the front flap of the holder.  I then used some more pink mirror board and Tattered Lace 'die block sentiments' dies to cut out 'happy birthday'.  This was adhered to front of the card holder.  I added a tag from my stash and put it in the front pocket leaving the inside pocket for money or a gift card.  
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment