Search This Blog

Monday 5 August 2013

Birthday Wishes ~ Flowers and Bee vintage paper

Hello bloggers today's card is a lovely birthday card made with vintage paper and stamping.


This card began as a 5x7 white card blank.  First I stamped a strip of flowers onto white card stock using a free flower stamp from my stash and fired brick distress ink.  I then coloured the flowers using a ProMarker.  Next I cut the flowers into a strip to fit the size of the card and also cut a mat slightly larger from some red mirror board.  The flower strip edge was inked with a ProMarker.  The topper and mirror board were layered up and adhered to the card blank down the left hand side.  Next I added some yellow vintage patterned paper to the rest of the card blank and then cut it down to size.  Using some white card stock I stamped another flower and then stamped a bee using mustard seed distress ink and Anita's stamp selection 'animals'.  I then die cut the topper using Spellbinders' label B' die set.  I also cut out a mat for the topper using the same die set and red mirror board.  The topper was edged with a promarker and then the mat and topper were layered up and attached to the card blank.  Using Polka Doodles 'sensational sentiments' stamp set and mustard seed distress ink I stamped the sentiment onto some white card stock.  This was then die cut using Spellbinder 'fancy framed tags one' die set.  From some red mirror board I die cut a mat for the sentiment using Spellbinder 'fancy framed tags one' dies set.  The edge of the sentiment was inked up with mustard seed distress ink and adhered to the mat.  The sentiment was then adhered to the card blank.  Finally in four corners of the card I added a little motif which was the waste from the sentiment mat die cuts.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment