Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Spellbinders Holiday Lights ~ Season's Greetings

Hello bloggers I hope you all enjoyed a good day yesterday.  I had a busy day running errands and putting up the Christmas tree and decorations.

For today's card I have used a lovely grand die from Spellbinders.


This card began as a white 5x7 card blank.  First I covered the front of the card with some Christmas tree decorated paper.  Next I cut out the sentiment after printing it from Polka Doodles Paper Boutique Volume II  'creative Christmas' CD-ROM.  This was then adhered to the card using foam tape.  Using some white card stock I die cut the holiday lights using Spellbinders 'holiday lights' grand border die.  I then embossed them and whilst still in the die I inked through each light bulb with the following distress inks, tattered rose, peeled paint, dusty concord, festive berries, tumbled glass, mustard seed, spiced marmalade, black soot and evergreen bough.  The tops of the lights and the string were also inked with black soot distress ink.  Finally the lights were adhered to the top of the card.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment