Search This Blog

Friday 20 December 2013

A Christmas Sleigh Ride ~ Easel card

Hello bloggers today I have a sweet sleigh ride easel card for you.



This card began as a white 5x7 card blank.  I scored the front in half vertically to make an easel card.  First I cut some panels of gold glitter card to cover the outside and inside of the card.  The panels were adhered into place making sure that the card was able to still fold where needed.   Next the topper was die cut using Spellbinders 'labels 17' die set and an old Christmas card that I wanted to recycle.  Using some red polka dot card stock I cut a mat for the topper using Spellbinders 'labels 20' die set.  The mat and topper were added to the bottom of the card front  to ensure that it was still able to fold.  Inside the card I needed to add a stopper for the card to sit in.  For this I used my sentiment which was stamped onto white card stock using festive berries distress ink and Crafter's Companion Makey Bakey Mice ' holly jolly Christmas' stamp set. once stamped it was die cut with Spellbinders 'labels 20' die set.  Once die cut the edges were inked with festive berries distress ink.  Next I cut a mat for the topper from some Christmas card stock and used Spellbinders 'labels 20' die set.  The mat was adhered to the card stock and then the topper was mounted onto using foam tape to give it a bit  more height in order to act as the stopper.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment