Search This Blog

Thursday 12 December 2013

Happy Holidays ~ Snowmen Fall From Heaven .... Unassembled

Hello bloggers I do hope you are all set for Christmas now with the tree up and the presents nicely wrapped under the tree, no me neither but the thought is there.

Today's card is a recycled snowmen card.


This card began as a white 8x8 card blank. First using some 'happy holiday's' ribbon I adhered two strips at the top of the card.  Next I adhered a piece of gold glitter card below the ribbon and then added another strip of the 'happy holiday's ribbon to the bottom of the card.  I die cut my first topper using Spellbinders 'labels H' die set and an old Christmas card for the larger topper on the top left.  I then die cut two gold mats using some gold holographic mirror card and Spellbinders 'labels 14' die set.  The two labels 14 were overlapped and used to make a mat for the larger topper and then adhered this to the top left of the card.  Using another card with the same but smaller snowmen image on I die cut another topper using Spellbinders 'labels E' die set.  For the mat I die cut some gold holographic mirror board using Spellbinders 'labels 17' die set.  These were adhered together and added to the bottom right of the card.  Next using some white card stock I stamped my sentiments using black soot distress ink and Crafter's Companion S.W.A.L.K 'snowmen' stamp set.  They were then die cut using Spellbinders 'poinsettia frame' die set.  Once die cut the center of the frame pops out.  On this center of the frame I over stamped some red snowmen using the same stamp set  as above and festive berries distress ink using a second and third generation stamping technique.  The part of the frames that stayed in the die was then inked through with pine needles distress ink.  The frames were then adhered to the card top right and bottom left.  Using foam tape I added the centers of the frames with the sentiments on so that they stood proud of the frame.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment