Search This Blog

Wednesday 24 December 2014

Reindeer Food Cones ~ Spellbinders Fanciful Holiday

Hello bloggers well another day closer and I'm still not done due to ill health, hope you are having a better chance of achieving everything done in time.  Today I have a different variation on the Reindeer food I shared a short time ago.


I began with a bag of rolled oats and a large bowl and a few pots of silver glitter.  These were all thrown into the bowl and stirred up.  Next I used a scoop to fill the cones to about two thirds. I then twisted around the cone at the top of food.  A coloured pipe cleaner was wrapped around this area to secure and to form the antlers of the reindeer.  Next I added some googly eyes to form the face and a red pompom for the nose at the tip of the cone.  

I then typed up a little verse I found on the internet and printed it out onto white card stock.  This was then die cut using Spellbinders 'back to basic tags' die set.  The tag was then tied to the neck of the cone using some gold elastic thread.  The reindeer food labels text was printed onto white card stock.  I then placed the reindeer die from Spellbinders 'fanciful holiday' die set over the text and die cut the reindeer labels. Whilst still in the die I inked through with walnut stain distress ink.  The label was then adhered to the front of the cone.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment