Search This Blog

Sunday 18 August 2013

Winter Wishes - The Snowman ~ Decoupage

Hello bloggers today's card is a winter card featuring the iconic image of The Snowman in decoupage.


This card began as a white hammered DL card blank.  First I cut some blue striped paper to size and then adhered it to the card blank.  Next I printed out the decoupage from Crafter's Companion ' the snowman' CD-ROM.  I then cut it out and layered it up using foam pads.  I then cut a mat for the topper from some silver holographic card stock, this was layered up and adhered to the card stock.  Next I adhered a strip of brown ribbon down the side of the card and tied a piece of ribbon around this instead of tying a bow.  Next using a folded doily I die cut my snowflakes using Spellbinders 'snowflake wonder' die set.  Whilst still in the die I inked through with tumbled glass distress ink.  These were then layered up and adhered to the card stock.  Some pearl pva was added to the centre of the snowflake.  Finally I stamped my image onto some white cardstock using black soot distress ink and crafter's companion 'the snowman' stamp set.  Next I die cut it using Spellbinders 'back to basic tags' die set.  Whilst still in the die I inked through with tumbled glass distress ink.  This was adhered to the card blank
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment