Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Butterfly card - les papillions

Hello bloggers today's card is a butterfly card, they are such beautiful creatures I just can't get enough of them.



This card began as a white hammered DL card blank.  First I cut to size some pink textured holographic card stock.  Next I added some vintage butterfly paper to the top part of the card.  Using an assortment of white and vintage papers I die cut three butterfly sets using Spellbinder 'les papillions' die set.  Once they had been die cut I layered each one up to give dimension to them.  The white one was lightly inked over with mustard seed distress ink to take away the brightness of the white paper.  The butterflies were then adhered to the card blank.  Using the computer I typed up the sentiment from my book of verses that I have collated over the years.  This was then printed out onto white card stock.  It was then die cut with Spellbinders 'labels seventeen' die set.  Whilst still in the die I inked through with mustard seed distress ink.  This was adhered to the card blank to finish off the card.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment