Search This Blog

Monday 12 August 2013

Christmas Gift bag using Spellbinders dies

Hello bloggers today we have something a little different, so not a card but a decorated Christmas gift bag.


This bag is a shop bought brown paper sandwich bag that I decorated in the following way.  Using some patterned purple Christmas papers I first die cut the flower in the centre using Spellbinders 'blossom five' die set.  I cut one of each size in a different co-ordinating paper, shaped them then layered them up.  Next using some music paper from my stash that I purchased at a vintage fair last year I die cut a mat for my blossom flower using Spellbinders 'grand labels one' die set.  This was then inked up with dusty concord distress ink whilst still in the die.  Next the grand labels one die cut was adhered to the bag.  I added a strip of purple ribbon across the centre and also made a ribbon bow for the top.  The blossom flower was then adhered to the centre of the grand labels one topper.  Next the ribbon bow was added to the top of the mat.  Using Creative Expressions ' snowflakes and sprigs'stamp set I randomly stamped snowflakes around the bag using dusty concord distress ink. I also stamped the back of the bag with snowflakes.  Next I added two chipboard circle embellishments to the two bottom corners of the bag.  Finally I cut a piece of pink bakers twine and inked it up with dusty concord distress ink as I didn't have purple.  I threaded two purple bells onto the twine and tied it around the middle of the ribbon bow and cut of the ends.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment