Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 August 2014

Christmas Door Wreath ~ Spellbinders Holly Wreath

Hello bloggers, back to the Christmas cards today with this Christmas door wreath card.



This card began as an A4 sheet of gloss green card stock that I cut and scored to make a DL card blank.  Next using some more of the same green card stock I cut two panels for the front of the door.  I then used an off cut of gold mirror board card stock and cut out a letter box shape by hand.  The top panel of the door was adhered to the top half of the card.  I then added the letter box to the centre and the bottom panel was added below the letterbox.

Next I added a gold coloured brad to act as a door knob.  I then made a small red envelope out of some red paper and adhered this going into the letter box. I used some white card stock that I had inked with festive berries distress ink and die cut a wreath using Spellbinders die d-lites 'holly wreath' die set.  Whilst still in the die I inked through with bundled sage distress ink.  I then repeated this process with some red and green Christmas theme paper and plain red paper.  The three were layered up using foam pads and each one was slightly off set so that you can see some of all the layers.  Finally I die cut a bow from gold mirror board using the same die set as above.  This was then adhered to the top of the wreath.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment