Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Nan

Hello, today's card is a lovely Nan card.  I know some people use other words to describe their Nan such as gran, grandma, grandmother, nanna and mama to name but a few, but which ever one you use I think this card's sentiment will make you chuckle.


I began with an A6 card blank in hammered white card stock.  First I cut some gold holographic and patterned card stock and adhered it to the front of the card blank.  Next I cut a piece of white card stock to make a mat to adhere to the gold.  I began by stamping it with a baby stamp from HunkyDory Golden Oldies 'Waltz Surprise' stamp set.  I stamped using distress ink victorian velvet and tumbled glass to give a boy and girl theme.  Then I adhered the mat to the gold card stock.  Mean while I stamped the nan image, cut it out and coloured it with promarkers.  On her beads and glasses I added glossy accents to make them glisten and sparkle.  Using  the nan brick stamp from the set I stamped up a border using black soot distress ink and then coloured the letter with Zig Painty Twin pen using the gold end.  This was then cut out and matted onto some more gold card.  For the final bit of stamping I stamped out the sentiment using black soot ink and then cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 14.  I then cut a piece of gold card using the same die and then cut it in half landscape to make a mat that looks like it fits but it is a cheat if you look closely.  Finally I adhered the sentiment, nan and border to the card base.

Hope you like this one would be a lovely card for a new Nan.

Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment