Search This Blog

Monday 21 October 2013

Poinsettia and Holly with The Snowman and the Snowdog ~ Spellbinders

Hello blogger's today's card is another Christmas card using the Snowman and the Snow dog CD-ROM.


This time I chose an aeroplane image, this would be a great card for people living abroad or going on holiday for Christmas.

This card began as a white 8x8 card blank.  First I cut a mat from red mirror board and adhered it to the card blank.  Next I printed my topper from Crafter's Companion 'the snowman and the snowdog' CD-ROM.  I then cut it to size and adhered it to the red mat.  Using some green ribbed paper I die cut four holly borders using Spellbinders 'holly accents' die set.  Whilst still in the dies I inked through with bundled sage distress ink.  The borders were then attached around the topper to form a frame.  I then made up two poinsettias for two of the corners using some red paper and Spellbinders 'layered poinsettia' die set.  I used the three smallest dies.  Once die cut I layered them up and added a faux gem to the center before adding one to the bottom left and top right corners.  Finally I added some die cut berries into the other two corners.  These were made using the same red paper and layered poinsettia die set.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel


No comments:

Post a Comment