Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Back to School ~ Bookworm

Hello bloggers today's card is a back to school card for all those starting school or college this week. I have one in my household starting today!


This card began as a white DL card blank.  First I adhered some green gingham paper to the top 3/4's of the card.  Next I stamped the bookshelf and books along the bottom of the card using vintage photo distress ink and Crafter's Companion 'Popcorn the bear kids school days' stamp set. On the actual stamp there is a duck on the bookshelf too but I masked this off with a post-it as just wanted the bookshelf.  The books and shelf were then coloured with ProMarkers.  Next I stamped the sentiment using the same ink pad and stamp set, I also stamped the duck and book image too.  This was then coloured with ProMarkers.  Next I stamped my topper using the same ink pad and stamp set onto white card stock. I coloured the image using ProMarkers and  then it was die cut with Spellbinders 'labels 17' die set.  I inked the edges using some vintage photo distress ink on some cut n dry foam and added 3 green card candi to the left hand side of the topper.  Using the next die up in the set I cut a mat for the topper from glitter card.  The topper was adhered to the mat and the completed topper was attached to the card.  I added some ribbon at the top and  bottom of the gingham paper and cut the ends with pinking shears to give them a decorative effect.  I also added a bow to the bottom ribbon strip.

This card is being entered into the following challenges

Crafty Creations Challenge 238 ~ Back to school

2 Sisters Challenge 160 ~ Back to School
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute image! Love how you framed it. Thank you for joining our 'Back to school' challenge at Crafty Creations Challenge and good luck in the draw.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete