This card began as an 8x8 sheet of cream card stock that I cut and scored to make a 4x4 card blank. Next I die cut the aperture in the front of the card using Spellbinders Die D-lites 'filigree cross' die set. Using some gold patterned mirror board I die cut the filigree cross using the same die set as above and the border die that takes it out of the card stock. The paper for the front of the card was cut to 4x4 in size and then was placed inside the card and the cross border die I put back into place. This was taped into place and the card opened out and was then run through the die cutting machine. I know it would have been easier to cover the card before cutting it but I wasn't going to cover the front of the card at that point it was an after thought. The patterned paper was adhered to the front of the card.
The sentiment was stamped using vintage photo distress ink and Creative Expressions 'robins' stamp set. This was then cut down to size and the edges inked with the same ink pad as it was stamped. It was then adhered to the top of the card. I then cut away the part of the sentiment that over lapped the cross aperture and inked the newly cut edge. Finally the gold mirror board filigree cross die cut was adhered into place inside the card but inline with the cross aperture on the front