Search This Blog

Monday 27 May 2013

Make A Wish Paper Piecing

Hello bloggers, I hope you are enjoying the glorious weather we are having if you are in the UK.  Today's card has an outdoor theme and uses the paper piecing technique.


This card began as an A6 white hammered card blank.  The first thing I did was to stamp the tree image once on to white card, brown textured paper and green ribbed paper using black staz-on ink pad.   The stamp set I used was Creative Expressions 'Buttons'. I then cut the tree trunk shape from the brown paper and cut out the leaves shape from the green paper.  From the white paper I cut out the top of the tree outline and then coloured the edge foliage in a lime green ProMarker.  Next from some red paper I cut out the berries for the tree by drawing round a button and cutting by hand as I didn't have a circle punch small enough.  I then began to build up the tree.  I adhered the green leaves to the lime green coloured outline and then added the tree trunk and branches.  Berries were then added  to complete the paper pieced tree.  Next I created some landscape by tearing some green ribbed paper and layering it up on the card base to resemble a grassy hillside.  I  inserted the tree between the layers of green grass so that it didn't look like it was standing in mid air. I did not adhere the top of the tree yet as I wanted to stamp the balloon image to look like it was behind the tree, so stamped it then adhered the top of the tree to the card.   I stamped the hot air balloon using distress inks and coloured them with ProMarkers, the actual balloons were again paper pieced from coloured paper.  A sticker with the words 'make a wish' was adhered to the yellow balloon.  I stamped the three flying birds using black soot distress ink and finally adhered a 'happy birthday' sentiment in the bottom corner.

This card is being entered into the following challenges:-

Daring Cardmakers Challenge - Lets Plant A Tree

Charisma Cardz Challenge #20-  Here Comes Summer

Papertake Weekly Challenge - Paper Piecing


Thank you for taking to the time to view my blog and leave comments, they are truly appreciated.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

5 comments:

  1. Super Summery creation. Thank you for playing at Charisma this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tree card! Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely creation! Thanks for joining us at Charisma! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great summery card and I love the design.

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week and good luck.

    Sarahxx

    ReplyDelete