Search This Blog

Monday 6 May 2013

A Special Day

Hello bloggers hope you are all enjoying the May Bank holiday if your in UK and the glorious weather we have been having.  Yesterday I spent all day working down the allotment so not much time to craft, this is the card I made when I got home.



First I began with a white 8x8 card blank.  I then cut a 7.75" square mat from holographic silver mirror board and adhered it to the card base.  Next I cut a  7.5" square mat from white card stock which I embossed with the tied together embossing folder.  I had to emboss it several times to complete the whole piece of card as the folder is smaller than 8x8.  From holographic silver mirror board I die cut 2 shapes to make my toppers using Spellbinders 'Scalloped Labels One' die.  I adhered some shop brought toppers to these a wedding dress with rings and a jacket, top hat, bow tie and bottle.  Using Lilly of the Valley 'Calenders' stamp set I stamped the sentiment using black soot distress ink.  I then punched it out using a 2" circle punch.  From the same punch I punched out a holographic circle and cut it in half portrait and adhered it behind the sentiment.  Using some crushed silk ribbon I wrapped it around the card and adhered it in place on the back of the card.  Then i tied a bow and attached it with a glue dot to the other ribbon.  The white mat was then adhered to the rest of the card.  Next I added the toppers, where they overlapped I attached the bottle.  The sentiment was adhered below in the bottom centre.  Using a black pen I filled in the month and year on the sentiment and circled the day.  Finally using cosmic shimmer PVA pearl  I added faux pearls to the intersections of the tied together embossing folder.

Hope you enjoyed this card.  Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment