Search This Blog

Saturday 20 April 2013

The Road To A Friend's House Is Never Long

Hello bloggers, today's card is made by recycling or upcycling (depends which word you prefer to use) an old map.



Beginning with an A4 white card stock I scored it in half to make it an A5 card blank.  Next I made a mat using some black holographic card stock.  Yesterday I purchased a couple of old map books from a charity shop and searched through the books and found a map I liked and used it as my background paper.  I cut is smaller than the previous mat and then these were both adhered to the card blank.  Next using Polkadoodles stamps  'Be Neighbours' I stamped out two different house images and coloured them with Promarkers then cut them out.  A sentiment was then created on the computer and printed out onto white card stock.  This was die cut using Spellbinders 'ribbon banners'.  Whilst it was still in the die I inked through with antique linen distress ink.  The houses and the sentiment were then attached to the card blank.

Hope you like it, maybe it will inspire you to upcycle or recycle something today.

This card is being entered into the following challenge
Craftyboots Challenge - recycle something
You can check out the details here http://craftybootschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/

Happy Crafting xx Hazel


1 comment:

  1. What a great concept and great recycling.

    Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete