Search This Blog

Thursday 11 April 2013

Ashton A Little Mischief

Hello, today's card is a birthday card for a very special 5 year old.


This card is made from a shop bought card blank and a die cut decoupage sheet.

First I cut the backing card stock to slightly smaller than the base card.  This was then adhered to the base card.  Next I pushed out all the die cut decoupage and with a nail file filed off all the locking joints that held it in the sheet.  Then I got a black Promarker and inked up all the edges on all the layers.  Using foam pads the decoupage was layered up.  I was very impressed with how much height I got with this as it looked very substantial.  The die cut topper was then adhered to the card.  Next from the left over sheet of die cut I cut out the title which is 'Little Mischief' and used that along with number 5 that I punched out using a circle punch.  The number 5 was used to tell me which piece went in what order on the sheet, so impressed with how good it looked on the finished card.  The top topper and circle punched number 5 were adhered to the top of the card.  Finally using clarity stamps letter box stamps I stamped out the boxes and letters using dusty concorde distress ink.  These were then cut out and the edges inked with the same distress ink as it had been stamped with, they were then adhered to the card.

Hope you like this card and enjoyed the run down of how it was made.  Happy crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment