Search This Blog

Monday 13 May 2013

Mummy..... You're Beautiful - Sketch

Hello crafters,  I've had a busy day at the allotment weeding and planting in the on and off rain, but there's always time to create a card.  So here is today's card.


I began with a white 8x8 card blank to which I adhered a pale pink glitter card mat slightly smaller than the card blank.  Next from some embossed mirror board I cut 2 strips one in blue and one in pink to sit across the card landscape.  Then I stamped my image using Crafters Companion SWALK  'mummy' stamp set and black soot distress ink.  I then coloured the image in using ProMarkers.  The image was then die cut using Spellbinders 'grand squares' dies.  A mat from silver holographic card was also cut with the next size up die. The image was then adhered to the mat and I added a strip of blue ribbon folded in half and attached that and the two hearts which was the waste from the sentiment die to the topper.  The topper was then adhered to the card.  Finally I stamped the sentiment onto white card stock and die cut it with Spellbinders 'fancy tags two' dies.  Whilst it was still in the dies I inked through to get a stencilled effect on the tag with Victorian velvet distress ink.  The sentiment was then adhered to the card using foam pads.

This card is being entered into the following challenges

2 Sisters Challenge #143 - Mother's Day

Sketch Saturday Challenge week 258- Sketch

Onestop Craft challenge #228 - Add Some Glitter

Happy Crafting xx Hazel




4 comments:

  1. An adorable image and a nice simple card which makes the image stand out. Thank you for joining us at OSCC. Good Luck xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww so pretty thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters this week good luck with the challenge Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card, love the glittered background and that image is really cute! Thanks for playing along this week at Sketch Saturday, Niki xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel I love looking at you're cards this is a beautiful card, thank you for sharing it with us at OSCC. Janet

    ReplyDelete