Search This Blog

Thursday 21 March 2013

New Home

Hello and welcome to today's blog post.  I chose a new home card as I thought it was quiet appropriate as the blog is new and this is it's home.

The base card was made using 300gsm card stock in white.  I hand stamped the whole card background front and back using polka doodles garden neighbours stamp set and archival ink black.  I then used Tim Holtz distress stain vintage photo to colour the card stock.  Next I began to make my topper.  I stamped a lock and key with perfect medium clear in pad and then embossed it with Debbie Moore’s metal magic copper and cut it out.  I stamped a border with cracked ice border stamp from Kanban to frame the lock and key.  Using creative expressions cosmic shimmer glue I mounted up the lock and key to compete the topper.   The topper corners were then rounded using a corner rounder and it was then matted onto copper coloured mirror board again rounding the corners.   New home wording was then stamped using clarity stamps letter box stamp set.  First the blocks were stamped in archival black ink and the letters were added afterwards.  These were then cut out and mounted on foam pads.   Happy crafting! Hazel x

No comments:

Post a Comment